2007 301 Capilano Road, The Residences, Port Moody, BC, V3H 0G6, Canada
Inspired by Europe’s old apartments, by its architecture and art, Denisa wanted to create and bring a unique, modern Parisian, sophisticated, functional and ‘gallery style’ space into the more Canadian - West Coast design scene. An open floor plan with statement stairs and custom wrought-iron railings were used to visually open up the space and to emphasize its lines and strong architectural features - wall panels, fireplaces, ornate mouldings, wood herringbone floors and custom built-in millwork.
The colour scheme is inspired by a peacock’s feathers, as blues and greens pop throughout the space on a canvas of black and white, natural materials like oak wood and marble, brass fixtures and accessories.
Subtle Art Nouveau nuances infuse the design with graceful, curving lines and patterns: railings, upper floor lounge wallpaper, living coffee table, stair concrete finish, gold/brass accents, etc.
Furniture upholstered in a variety of solid textured fabrics (velvet, fur-like textures) are meant to provide warmth, comfort and added visual interest and movement. Dramatic lighting, creative storage solutions and customized window treatments are used to add to the functionality as well as to the sophistication and elegance of the overall space.
A design priority was functionality, storage and space saving solutions.
The stairs landing was transformed into a study and lounge area by adding custom built ins and camouflaging the former linens-closet door. This was replaced with a concealed in-wall pocket door, coated with panels to create continuity between door and wall.
The linen closet itself was redesigned by narrowing the door opening and using the resulting wall depth to create a custom built in storage system. This created a brand new complete closet space, equipped with storage systems for clothes, shoes and accessories.
To the left of the stairs landing area, the narrow door frame leading into the upper bedroom and bathroom has been widened and double french doors were installed.This added significant additional space to this area and created an open feel to the overall design of the upper floor.
Each closet has been redesigned with custom storage systems, including integrated tilt-out laundry hampers, accessories and smart jewelry storage for functionality and a seamless design.
The former laundry closet has been replaced with a fully functional laundry centre, with built in shelves, two large pull-out laundry baskets, pull-out ironing and folding boards, all anchored by ample counter space.
Two of the large windows in the condo (living and master bedroom) have been covered and custom built-in units for shelves, linen drawers, cabinets, TV and a faux fireplace mantel have been added.
The main floor bedroom serves double duty as the home office and the guest bedroom. A built in Murphy bed is flanked by custom millwork on each side, providing ample storage, pull out bedside shelves and lighting sconces.
On the opposite wall, built in millwork creates space for books storage and at the bottom, it provides printer and document filing pull out shelves.
The functionality of the kitchen is accentuated by a large pull out pantry, pull out shelves and baskets throughout, and a double pull out recycling centre.
Cabinet doors containing storage shelves have been integrated on each side of the island, beside the adjacent island stools.
The entry area has been widened by pushing back one of the walls and creating a more compact but more functional storage closet for coats, shoes and accessories. A custom storage system has been added to the redesigned closet area and a hidden door was designed as a secret door to the closet.
A separate built in cupboard unit which stores keys, scarves and purses has been designed in the entry hall to provide more storage and a much needed landing surface for small items as one walks into the home.
CAPILANO - FEATURES
- 1. Storage
- custom California Closet built-in storage systems throughout
- integrated laundry hampers
- custom jewelry and accessory storage
- custom built in laundry centre with two large pull out laundry baskets, pull-out ironing and folding boards, all anchored by ample counter space.
- custom built-in millwork units throughout
- custom built in Murphy Bed (Queen size, all hardware shipped from Germany)
- custom printer and document filing pull out shelves
- large kitchen pull out pantry, shelves and baskets
- double pull out recycling centre
- ample custom built-in entry storage for coats, shoes and accessories
- additional built-in cupboard unit for keys, scarves and purses
- hidden ‘secret’ door to entry closet
2. Luxury Appliances
- Wolf 36” 6 Burners and Convection Oven
- Sub Zero 36” Built-in Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator
- Built-in Wine Storage
- Large 4.4 cu. ft Electrolux Front Load Washer and Dryer
- Miele Diamond Series Dishwasher with hidden control panel, Knock2open feature
3. Furniture, Lighting & Accessories
- Designer furniture throughout - Montauk, Restoration Hardware, Arteriors, Anthropologie, FULLHOUSE MODERN, etc
- Designer lighting fixtures throughout - Elte, Ylighting, Rejuvenation, Circa Lighting, Restoration Hardware
- Knobs & Pulls - Anthropologie, Nest Studio, SchoolHouse
- Original art by local and US artists
- Designer wallpapers, including hand-painted (master bedroom)
- Custom drapery throughout - designer fabric by Wind Design, Belgium
- Custom solar shades
- Legrand lighting switch plates
- Light dimmers throughout
4. Architectural Features:
- Limestone Custom built in fireplace mantel
- High-end Trims and mouldings throughout
- Ceiling medallions
- Coffered ceiling (Living Room)
- Custom iron stair railings
- Custom barn door and designer feature doors
- Custom antique mirrors
- Porcelain and marble tiles
- Marble backsplash and countertops
- Silestone kitchen countertop
- Oak wood herringbone floor throughout
- Millwork brass inlays
6. General features:
- One large private storage room + one regular storage unit
- Two parking Spaces
- Air Conditioning
- Home Security System
- Kitchen hot water tap
- One large wraparound patio + 2 balconies
- 3 built-in smart TV screens
- Audio Surround system
- Building amenties: gym room , lounge room + theatre, large party suite, meetings room, garden + patio (barbeque), bike storage room.
- 1 minute walk to Thrifty Foods, coffee shops and restaurants
3 minute walk to skytrain and bus stations.
Listing Provided By
Colin Davidson Real Estate
Copyright and Disclaimer
The data relating to real estate on this web site comes in part from the MLS Reciprocity program of the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver. Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLSR logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver. Copyright 2021 by the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver, Fraser Valley Real Estate Board, Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board, BC Northern Real Estate Board, and Kootenay Real Estate Board. All Rights Reserved.
- Colin Davidson
- Sotheby's International Realty Canada
- 5660 Yew Street
- Vancouver, BC
- V6M 3Y3